Monday, June 12, 2006

Party Girl!
Angela Henry

I'm back! Saturday was my book launch for Tangled Roots. I have no idea why I was so worried. The launch was awesome! When we arrived at the bookstore to set up, there were already people there waiting for me. I was so touched. I mean not only did family and friends show up but people I knew from high school and college that I haven't seen in years.

Then there were people who read about me in the newspaper write-up I got earlier in the week and people who read my first book and wanted to get the second. The thing that was even more amazing to me was that more than half the people bought two books! My first book AND my new book. I was so humbled. So blown away by all the support.

One of the people I met at the signing was a man named Michael Gilbert, who is an aspiring author, who even brought his digital camera and was nice enough to take pictures of the party. Thanks Michael! I also did a radio interview on WULM a local station Saturday morning. I felt like quite the celebrity. The bookstore staff was amazing and everything went smoothly. But we did have tons of food left over. But I'm not complaining! I had a wonderful time. If only all booksignings could be that fun.

0 comments:

New York Times Feed

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

The Crime Sistahs - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008