Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Joy of Evil Characters

I’m writing from the dry, hot, but beautiful city of Phoenix. I’m here attending the first annual International Thriller Writers Conference. I’ll be speaking on a panel tomorrow afternoon along with four other much more experienced writers. The title of our panel is Beyond Good and Evil.

I’m looking forward to the discussion because I love writing evil characters. As a reader, I like rooting for the underdog, but I really love waiting and hoping that the evil character gets what he or she deserves.

During my book tour, people often asked if the character David in my novel Every Reasonable Doubt, was patterned after someone I actually worked with. Thank God no! I've worked with my share of annoying attorneys over the years, but no one as conniving as David. I had to hype him up a bit for literary enjoyment.

I’ll touch bases with you after tomorrow’s panel and let you know how it goes.
Pamela Samuels-Young

1 comments:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

so how did it go pam and how can we attend next year?

New York Times Feed

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

The Crime Sistahs - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008