Tuesday, June 20, 2006


NOLA Here I Come!

This weekend I'll be in New Orleans for the American Library Association's annual conference. But even though I work in a library, I'm not attending the conference as a librarian. I'm attending as a writer. I'll be signing copies of TANGLED ROOTS at the Sisters In Crime booth Sunday morning. So, if you're attending the conference, please stop by say hi and get your free autographed copy of TANGLED ROOTS.

I've been wanting to go to New Orleans for years. Now that I'm getting a chance to go, I have mixed feelings. I'm still excited to be going. But, in the wake of Katrina, it's more a of a quiet subdued excitement. Because the New Orleans I've been wanting to visit doesn't exist anymore. Still, I plan to do a lot of sightseeing(Haunted Walking Tour) and of course eating(beignets at the Cafe du Monde!). And even have a drink or two or three. As for the conference, I'll try not to load myself down with books and stuff. It won't be easy but I'll try.

0 comments:

New York Times Feed

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

The Crime Sistahs - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008