Saturday, March 18, 2006

Launch Party Hell!

Ah, what to do if your bookseller-host calls on a Friday at 4:30pm when your publisher's staff is getting a head start on the weekend and are not in the office, to tell you there are no books for your launch party, and you're expecting 100 people--at least, and all the refreshments have been ordered, the details worked out, etc.
I don't know. I'll let you know how it turns out this Sunday. I think I need to drag out my tap-dancing routine. After the Academy Awards Show I kept singing over and over again, the words "It's hard out here for a pimp," and couldn't stop. I think I'll change the words to--"it's hard out here for a writer." Hmm...using the word "writer" just doesn't make it have that same hustle and flow, does it? LOL
Gammy

By the way, my newest book, Down and Dirty is available now. The reviews have been great and is a Recommended Read on many online sites, including Rawsistaz.

0 comments:

New York Times Feed

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

The Crime Sistahs - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008